Steve Rotheram, Metro Mayor of the Liverpool City Region, has announced plans for the biggest package of support for local businesses in more than 20 years.
The £75m Business Growth Package will work to attract new businesses to the Liverpool City Region, help existing businesses grow, and generate more than 2000 jobs for local workers in this first phase of support.
The £75m Business Growth Package will include:
- £20m loan fund for local businesses to invest in creating jobs and boosting productivity
- £7m inward investment facilitation fund
- £15m to support SMEs in the event of a No Deal Exit from the European Union
- Intensive scale-up programme for tech-led and tech-enabled SMEs
- Skills and apprenticeship training for up to 1,500 young people
It will also make it easier than ever for companies in the Liverpool City Region to access support, through a new growth company – Growth Platform – established with the Local Enterprise Partnership to manage business growth, investment and sector development services locally.
Companies will be able to apply for support from late in the autumn. The support will be open to all businesses with a focus on high growth and technology companies. The money will be recycled wherever possible – ensuring truly inclusive growth is nurtured, so our resources can be used to support more businesses and create more jobs in future.
Companies interested in accessing this support should visit https://localgrowthhub.com/funding/ where they can register their interest (web page live from 27/09/19).